Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD) is a genetic disorder characterized by the intensification of cysts in the kidneys that can lead to kidney failure, liver problems or other organ problems like heart or lungs.
The symptoms of the ARPKD develops exactly after the birth, therefore it often refers to infantile polycystic kidney disease, whereas some do not notice any sign until their childhood or adulthood. “Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease”.Children born with this disease not always develop kidney failure. It is developed by the problem in PKD1 gene and is inherited in an autosomal recessive manner. Its symptoms can be controlled by the course of medications, antibiotics, a healthy planned diet and growth hormone.
CAUSES AND SYMPTOMS OF ARPKD
Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease is caused by the genetic flaw in the DNA of the human being. This means that the affected one has two gene alterations in the PKHD1 gene, with each parent transmitting one mutation each. When both parents possess this genetic mutation it creates 25% chances for the child to have it.
The symptoms of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease vary from one person to the other. They differ in among people depending on the severity of the disease. Few are listed below: “Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease”
- Breathing problems caused by underdeveloped lungs
- Swollen abdomen caused due to enlarged size of the kidneys
- Potter’s syndrome is the condition in which lack of amniotic fluid leads to defected limbs, face, and ears. This is the severe case seen in the ARPKD
- High blood pressure
- Liver diseases
- Internal bleeding
- Excessive urination also is known as polyuria
- Increased thirst, also known as polydipsia
- This can also result in excessive dehydration that further leads to dry mouth and lips, sunken eyes, headache, dizziness, irritability
- Faltering growth
HOW IS ARPKD DIAGNOSIS AND TREATED?
The diagnosis of a genetic disease is a challenging task. The patient’s medical history is first step of detecting the problem. There are various tests done to diagnose the Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. These include:
GENETIC TESTING REGISTRY: This provides the problems which are inherited. This is actually conducted by the healthcare providers and genetic professionals. “Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease”
According to allopathy, there is no cure or treatment of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. They only offer a symptomatic treatment in relieving the conditions and further in extreme cases can be treated by a kidney transplant.
- To normalize the functioning of the lungs, mechanical ventilation is done for breathing purpose. Dialysis treatment is also conducted in the first few days of the infants in case of enlarged kidneys or dysfunctional kidneys.
- Low levels of sodium are aided by taking diuresis or sodium supplementation depending on the exact sodium levels of the individual.
- Hypertension is treated by advocating medications, on the other hand, poor eating and growth can be treated with gastrostomy tubes and growth hormone therapy respectively.
- Urinary tract infections are aided with antibiotics.
- Liver problems when get aggravated are treated by liver transplantation.
All these treatment therapies are short-term relievers. They involve a lot of money expenditure and fetch nothing, rather adversely affecting the disease with lots of chemical drugs and surgeries, damaging the functional ability of the organs. . “Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease”
Unlike Allopathy , Ayurveda treats all body ailments by medicated herbs and natural ingredients. This approach of Ayurveda is distinctive and insures 100% positive results. It has the potential to cure all body disease by organic plants that have no side effects and are permanent in nature. Also targets at the root cause of the problem and not relieving the symptoms unlike allopathy. “Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease”
KARMA AYURVEDA, a well-known kidney treatment center, headed by DR. PUNEET DHAWAN, is popular for its natural herbal therapies. Their diet plans and organic medications have the potential to reverse any kind of disease be it acquired or inherited.