All about kidneys
The main function of the kidneys is to remove metabolic waste and extra fluid from the blood. The kidneys processes around 200L of blood every day and produce urine to flush out the waste. The kidneys also perform the function of regulating levels of various minerals such as calcium, sodium, and potassium in the blood.“Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda”
Kidney disease occurs when a person suffers from steady loss of kidney function and eventually permanent loss. Kidney disease is divided into five stages of increasing severity. A mild kidney disease is often called as renal insufficiency.
What causes kidney disease?
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes may cause a condition called diabetic nephropathy
- High blood pressure or severe hypertension, if not controlled, can lead to damaged kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis is the condition in which damage and inflammation occurs to the filtration system of the kidneys
- Post-infectious conditions and lupus are among the many causes of glomerulonephritis
- Polycystic kidney disease is a hereditary condition wherein both kidneys have multiple cysts
- The use of painkiller and medicinal drugs regularly over a long duration of time can cause the kidney damage
- An obstruction in the flow of urine due to kidney stones, cancer or an enlarged prostate may cause kidney problems
- Other causes of chronic kidney disease include kidney stones, chronic kidney infections, HIV infection, sickle cell disease, heroin abuse, amyloidosis, and certain cancers
Signs and symptoms
The kidney disease is a slowly progressive condition and mainly takes time to show kidney damage. The common signs of the disease are a weakness, frequent urination, fatigue, shortness of breath, easy bruising, headaches, disturbed sleep, a decrease in appetite, chest pain and congestion, bone pain and blood in urine. “High creatinine causes”
Diagnostic test and high creatinine
It is important to go for certain lab tests if the above symptoms stay for identifying the stage of kidneys disease. The common tests are:
The kidneys maintain the blood creatinine in a normal range. Creatinine is a fairly reliable indicator of kidney functions among middle and old age people. An elevated creatinine level points to the impaired kidneys. As the kidneys become impaired due to prolonged illness or physical injury, the creatinine level in the blood rises due to poor clearance of creatinine by the kidneys. An abnormally high level of creatinine is an indicator of possible malfunction or failure of the kidneys. It is for this reason that normal blood tests should be done routinely.“High creatinine causes”
There are other tests such as imaging test like an ultrasound, MRI scan, CT scan and kidney biopsy that helps in identifying the cause of kidney disease.
How can Ayurveda help in high creatinine treatment?
Ayurvedic treatment is one of the oldest forms of treatment which is being used to cure chronic diseases and other ailments. The use of herbs and pre-historic tested techniques have been effective in treating body ailments. Although Ayurveda takes time in reversing the damage it’s a long-term solution.
Karma Ayurveda was started in 1937 and since then have been providing kidney disease treatment. The center excels in herbal treatment and provides wholesome wellness to all the patients from around the world. They have a happy family of thousands of successfully treated kidney patients.“High creatinine causes”